Saturday, August 14, 2010

How To Lose Weight Effectively

First of all, I want to thank you all for your strong interest and your remarks about my workout, which I posted through Twitter/Facebook, that inspire you all to take good care of your health! The purpose of this blog is to share with you all how I manage to lose a lot of pounds.

Secondly, I am trying to share a simple blog because I went to stores and websites. There are way too many information to digest in our heads. I even bought one book and realized that I wasted my money... So, instead of telling you guys to read this book, that book, research the website, subscribe the magazine... Forget it! I just want to share free of charge for you people to grab the opportunity to cultivate your healthy future!

To be quite frank, it will be much easier once you set your habit. Please don't feel discouraged if you feel it's impossible. Please seek someone as your sponsor to keep you on the track with your health. I can't be there for you all because I am just a human being with limitations.

I had been through a lot of experiments by researching and doing various things. At first, I was recommended by my doctor to use Slim-Fast. I did, and it worked. However, the problem is that it's taking some time. Furthermore, I love food. So, I felt really struggled with my dietary habit, but I did not give up.

To my surprise, 60% of weight loss is based on the food you are eating! If you work out five times a week and you eat a lot of junk food, it's GAME OVER without question. I was there myself and, believe me, I really regretted those years I worked out and ate a lot of junk foods. I assumed that my workout routines would burn out the bad calories.

That's where I was very wrong. 40% of weight loss succession is physical workout itself, believe it or not!

Does that mean I have to skip one meal? Absolutely not! In fact, the more meals you eat, the better metabolism you will develop. That was what it happened to me.

Here is the list of meals and snacks I eat regularly:

Breakfast - Cereal. I eat that everyday. Trust me - breakfast is the most important meal that will increase your metabolism. Be sure it's low calories cereal. Multi-grain Cheerios is one of those great cereals. Be sure to eat half cup of cereal with 2% low-fat milk (half cup).

Snack - yogurt, nuts, and fruits (it has to be raw!) Be sure to eat small amount as big as yogurt.

Lunch - Spinach salad with chicken breasts. (I eat the same almost everyday and I still love it!) But, you can be creative with your salad for your taste as long as you watch the calories intake!

Dinner - 8-inch plate. Be sure to eat small amount that fills up 8-inch plate.

Drinks - a lot of water! Teas are fabulous, but avoid SODA POPS! They are harmful to your bodies!

Now, what do I eat for dinner? Be sure to eat healthy meats such as chicken and fish, potatoes, brown rice, salad (be creative), and all of those kinds of vegetables. The more raw vegetables you eat, the better it nurtures your body! Best meats I learned is chicken, turkey, pork tenderloin, and top sirloin.

AVOID FRIED FOODS! AVOID WHITE STUFF (White rice, white bread, anything WHITE)! AVOID BBQ (They are so tasty, but oh-so-FAT calories-filled! In fact, one meal from BBQ grill can count up to 2000 calories!)

You can really eat anything as long as you eat 1200-1400 calories a day! How do you count calories you eat daily? For iPhone users, check out the app you can download for free of cost - LOSE IT! From there, you can check out which food you can eat. For Blackberry users, check out this website. I am not sure if it's good because I am an iPhone user. SORRY! But, they have the website where you can keep all of your information with your weight, food, and exercise - fatsecret.com.

Do you know that if you eat 2000 calories and then you do a workout for an hour that can burn about 700 calories, that means you eat 1300 a day? Therefore, it's already considering as a diet!

Good news - you can eat JUNK FOOD as long as you eat it ONCE a week. After a whole week of your commitment to food habit, you can reward yourself by eating one NICE BIG MEAL that you really love: Pizzas, dinner meal at Chili's, calories-packed BBQ meals at backyard, whatever you like! And then, go back to your habit.

What about desserts? You can! Again - CHECK THE CALORIES! Be sure to keep it under 1400 a day for six times per week!

What are so important about calories count? For a man, he would need to eat 2000 calories a day. Woman needs to eat 2500 calories a day. However, junk foods in America will add up to about 4000 a day!

Imagine this: for a normal week with normal calories, it's supposed to be 14,000 calories. But with junk food, it's like eating 28,000 calories.

In fact, 3,500 calories is EQUAL to ONE POUND OF FAT!

If I eat only 1,000 calories a day, then I will eat only 7,000 calories a week. That means I will lose two pounds. That means I lose eight pounds a month!

Now, that's where big advantage of EXERCISE comes in.

If I eat only 1,000 calories and then I went to gym to burn 600 calories, then I took only 400 calories a day. For a week, I ate only 2,800 calories!

For workout, I normally use total body crossramp for 60 minutes each day. I do four times each week. It burns about 600-900 calories. It depends on how hard you work out and how much weight you weigh. For example, I weighed 200 pounds (ugh!) and I did high resistance for an hour, I burnt 915 calories. But, I currently weigh 157 pounds and I did the same, but I burnt only 700 calories.

Of course, you can choose whichever you wish to exercise such as running, bicycling, swimming, and so on. You can research to find out which burns the most and then choose the exercise that you really enjoy! The truth is that the swimming itself is the number one calorie-burner of all, but it heavily relies on how hard you perform and how long you maintain to swim!

By now, I am positively sure that you feel overwhelmed with ideas and may feel it's impossible to achieve. To be quite frank, all you need is to worry about today. Don't worry about tomorrow, next week, next month, next year, next decade, or next century (if you live that long...) Ha! Just focus on today and then work by writing down on paper, typing on your computer, or use your phone to record your activities and food you eat.

I am positively sure that after a month, you will get used to it. After few months, you will be so used to it that you didn't even have to think about it and you will realize that you are in far better shape... That's because I am already there!

Of course, because of our lifestyle in America, we want everything happen within a second. Unfortunately, because of the time we spent neglecting our bodies, it's a small price to pay to maintain our health. Yet, that is the best part because you will realize that you are investing in a better healthy future.

My advice for you all is to make an ultimate goal not for only yourself, but for your family, your friends, and the ones who really cares about you. Please don't give up! Be grateful for the life you receive, so you can share with the loved ones.

If I can make it, you can make it!

2 comments:

  1. Good post and ahhh... thank you for suggesting Top Sirlion ;-) why? I am still offical steak eater while my wife is always offical walleye eater. But both of us do eat Chicken.

    I also recommend high fiber cereal for breakfasts and look for any high fiber for snacks. That is helpful to control weight while being in valley and not stable mentally. It worked for me because I easily could go over 300 pounds but with high fiber cereal, yogurt, snacks, etc. It made big difference.

    David, yes, I know what is on your mind, but lot of vegetables and spinach already have high fiber anyhow, good boy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. awesome!!! I really enjoy read this comment

    ReplyDelete